Did not find what you were looking for?

Google

Friday, September 12, 2008

Tricks of the Mind

I flexed my fingers and resumed writing. The glow of the lamp softened the biting darkness. Words moved flawlessly across the page. Coldness started creeping to my right hand. I dropped my pen and massaged it with the left one. It felt as a ball of lava dropped in a sea of ice. I exhaled, closed my eyes, and rested my head back.

Ah.. the welcoming quietness.

I heard it then...a faint sound. The hair stood on the back of my neck. Sudden coldness infested my feet. I sat rigid on my chair listening. The sound was menacing in its purposefulness. Someone (or something?) was pacing in my room. The sound of feet walking on a thick carpet emanated from the floor behind my back. This being decided to pay me a visit in the middle of the night. It wafted closer, and its light breath fanned the back of my neck. Icy needles shot through my spine and my back slumped.
I sat there like an old woman not daring to breath. My toes touched the cold floor under the desk, and the contact jolted me back to my senses. I turned around ever so slowly.

Darkness started back at me, mocking me.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online